Features I like:
- It's quick and stable.
- Mood graphics of songs.
- Dynamic random playlists.
- Discover song information, covers and lyrics from variety of sites.
- Cover manager to retrieve from even more sources.
- Extensive artist information gathered from various sources.
- Tons of visualization algorithms, random changes.
- It integrates well with Cinnamons sound gadget.
At least, I was not able to add songs from my external harddisks to the random playlist, I had to create a new playlist for that purpose.
Install instructionsUse Y-PPA-Manager and search for clementine package to obtain list of repositories or use the following shell commands:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install clementine # You need to install the developer version for version 1.1, which features mood bars) sudo apt-add-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine-dev